permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Another software question

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Paul Kosuth <prkosuth@ll.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Another software question
  • Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2007 23:37:33 -0500

I use Audacity which is free. You can record from lp's and create individual tracks of songs. I like my lp's from start to finsih so I just record the whole side, some equalization and click removal. Then I import them into iTunes and convert them to mp3's. Audacity also allowed me to record a 78 rpm disc (Cole Porter/fred waring from 1947) on my 33 rpm turntable and then change the speed to 78 rpm's.

I don't know if this is great software but it does the trick for me.

Paul