permaculture - [permaculture] marking lines for a maze

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Linda Shewan <linda.shewan@bryn.com.au>
  • To: "permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] marking lines for a maze
  • Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2007 14:36:14 +1000

The kids are developing an edible maze and it will take a few weeks of
Fridays just to get the walls/paths properly marked up - does anyone have
ideas on what they can use to mark the lines that is not going to wash away
but is completely non-toxic - both for the kids and for the food to be grown
there?

In the past I have used lime and flour but these will obviously wash away, as
will water-based paint of any kind... any ideas? We don't have enough rocks
or mulch...

Thanks, Linda