permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Democratic solutions to Permacultures conflicts?

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: jedd <jedd@progsoc.org>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Democratic solutions to Permacultures conflicts?
  • Date: Sat, 4 Aug 2007 11:47:33 +1000

Hi Kevin,

> 3) people have a general hostility to "democratic" organization
> methods in general...? and then use the corrupt example of US
> plutocratic/corporate/media/military run political system as
> justification for this. (i am honestly having some real trouble with
> this one)

Is this a dig at me?

Anyhoo, I think that because it's such an extreme example, and so
well known, that the US situation is so often cited. If you thought
that I meant that it's the *only* example of alleged democracy gone
screwy, then I didn't express myself accurately. I don't know of any
good democracies. I asked if you knew of any. Certainly Australia
(where I live) has a regrettably bad example of democracy inaction,
but few people on this list would be familiar with / interested in my
or other country's political situation. The joy of parochialism.

I digress.

Let's go back a couple of emails. Or even just back to the Subject.

In IT, there's a big problem with people offering <sic> to provide
solutions <sic>. When they say offer they mean sell, and when they
say solutions they mean products and/or services they want to sell.

But everyone loves a solution - the word is delightfully loaded with
positivity. It implies that if you buy this thing from this guy, you
will have one less problem. The nature of the problem that you have
right now is left undefined, and for good and obvious reasons.

So I ask you -- what are the problem(s) that you see right now?

Once we've yakked about that, solutions can be explored more easily.

Jedd.