permaculture - Re: [permaculture] new article: fleas, the plague, death, fear and diatomaceous earth

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "paul wheaton" <paul@richsoil.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] new article: fleas, the plague, death, fear and diatomaceous earth
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2007 15:38:34 -0700

What a bunch of silly wimps. Put pure tea tree oil on as a repellant and to
treat bites.
The itching goes away immediately and healing begins; also good for tick,
chigger
and mosquito bites. Fleas are easy to get rid of; if they're in the carpet,
throw it out.

I think the message I am trying to convey is .... that I am utterly
flabbergasted at the mighty power of ignorance combined with fear.
And that these people were not (are not) fools. Two are CPD's. They
all share a passion for the principles of permaculture. I know that
I feel humbled by such awesome power. The power of fear. The power
of fear for one's own life.

Each person has a day job, and they don't have the time to thoroughly
research fleas. They probably popped onto google and searched for
"fleas" and read the first page that came to them. I do know that an
e-mail was circulated copying information from some web site going on
and on about the plague. And then there was a reference to something
about one flea generating 67,000 offspring in a month.

I guess what I am taking too long to say is: have any of us ever made
a poor choice due to misinformation and fear? I think the lesson here
is, we should be wary. All of us. Even CPDs can be swayed.