permaculture - Re: [permaculture] souirce of quality had saws?

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Kate Halstead" <rockyprairie@earthlink.net>
  • To: "'permaculture'" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] souirce of quality had saws?
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2007 16:40:00 -0700

I'm sure there are other places, but my husband has been quite happy with
the quality of axes and hand saws available from Highland Hardware in
Atlanta. He just bought their one-man crosscut, and found it zipped through
things. Here's the link to their two-man version.
http://www.highlandwoodworking.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=867

On axes, Gransfors Bruks (made in Europe, also sold by Highland) is an
excellent quality manufacturer. Often out of stock, but worth the wait.
http://www.highlandwoodworking.com/index.asp?PageAction=PRODSEARCH&txtSearch
=gransfor&Page=1

Kate