permaculture - [permaculture] new article: fleas, the plague, death, fear and diatomaceous earth

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "paul wheaton" <paul@richsoil.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] new article: fleas, the plague, death, fear and diatomaceous earth
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2007 10:35:42 -0700

I'm not sure if this is proper use of this mailing list. I hope it is okay.

I'm a certified permaculture designer and I'm pretty passionate about
permaculture principles.

Recently, I saw a terrible thing. Six rational, eco-friendly people,
including two that are certified permaculture designers, became so
afraid of flea bites that they paid $560 to have poison sprayed in
their home and then they all moved out.

While this story does tell you how to organically control fleas, the
real story is about the power of fear and panic. There are web sites
out there that prey on the ignorance of consumers and spin up a big
batch of FREAK YOU OUT to get you to part with your money.

I became consumed with the travesty of what happened and found that I
had to write this article. I think it is pretty much done. I feel
better to have gotten it out.

Please take a moment to read this article. If only to get an idea of
how we can all be duped into giving our money to the fear mongers
(pesticide companies).

http://www.richsoil.com/fleas

Thanks!