permaculture - [permaculture] velvet bean - was grass in orchards

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Marjory Glowka" <forestgarden@gvtc.com>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] velvet bean - was grass in orchards
  • Date: Sat, 26 May 2007 14:27:11 -0500

Hi Charles,

I saw you mentioned the use of velvet bean to supress grass. The reports of how much bio-mass he benn produces sounds fantastic. I haven't found out much about it's drought tolerance. It was used the the SE part of the US which is fairly moist. Do you know how well it would do in a dryland situation where we get little rains in the long hot summer?

Sincerely,

Marjory
Red Rock, Texas

----- Original Message ----- From: "Charles de Matas" <cdematas@hotmail.com>