permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Frozen Trees

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Marimike6@cs.com
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Frozen Trees
  • Date: Mon, 21 May 2007 19:38:52 EDT

Gene Monaco says "A number of the trees: oaks, figs, put out new leaves
starting from the ground up; you could really see the progression."

We're in the next zone over from Knoxville, but we have a lot of bald-top
trees now too. Oaks in particular have almost finished leafing out, but the
last
ten feet or so are still bare-- giving the place an odd appearance. Crape
myrtles are showing the same pattern. Only a few weeks ago the branches now
re-sprouting looked like dead sticks.

I'm still concerned about my peaches though. We may not get any fruit this
year.

Michael