permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Biochar article

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Katey <newtribe@hughes.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Biochar article
  • Date: Wed, 16 May 2007 12:42:29 -0500

Oh, my stomach. This article and the one on styrofoam i found on the site have made me sick.

It all makes sense now. Six months ago the media couldn't say the word environment, let alone green, without scorn. Now the word green has become god. Why after 15 years is Gore finally talking about global warming? Because all his elite banker buddies are ready with the corporate spin. They've taken the land and concocted the salvation myth. The "solution" doesn't have to come from the people; go back to sleep; they've got it all taken care of.

So in reading i need to ask one (of so many) questions - what happens to the benzene and the vinyl and the chlorofluorocarbons during the "superheating" of the sytrofoam? And what energy use are we talking about? Oops that's 2 questions. Scientific American? What a joke.

katey culver

CAVM@aol.com wrote:
_http://www.sciam.com/article.cfm?SID=mail&articleID=5670236C-E7F2-99DF-3E2163
B9FB144E40&chanID=sa004_ (http://www.sciam.com/article.cfm?SID=mail&articleID=5670236C-E7F2-99DF-3E2163B9FB144E40&chanID=sa004)