permaculture - Re: [permaculture] passion fruit allelopathy

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Keith Johnson <keithdj@mindspring.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] passion fruit allelopathy
  • Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2007 12:05:00 -0500

I personally love passiflora and invited it into my garden (gasp) and found it was very easy to manage despite it's tendency to pop up anywhere (maybe a popup blocker is needed ;-) ). A note of caution regarding the goats. It might put them to sleep. I don't know what large doses would do, but a brief googling suggests it could be very dangerous if not fatal.

Marimike6@cs.com wrote:
Thank you, Lawrence, for giving me moral clarity. I had been thinking that passion vine was akin to kudzu, in the category of worthless things one could never truly be rid of. But it's really Gaia's way of telling me I need to raise some goats. They would also provide a service in trimming back my rampant prickly pear-- also an ebullient weed in these parts.

As we used to say back in the old days "None of us are truly worthless. Some proudly serve as terrible examples."

--
Keith Johnson
"Be fruitful and mulch apply."