permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Lecture on growth

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Marimike6@cs.com
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Lecture on growth
  • Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2007 09:23:42 EST

>Maybe it is a little like preaching to the converted, as there isn't
really anything "new" in this to anyone on the list here, but the
presentation and analysis in this lecture is great. I've been
involved in many 'discussions' with people about 'growth' and
sustainability but often have come away feeling like I didn't really
effectively illustrate my points. This lecture has certainly given
me more 'ammo,' and it is so brilliantly simple and straight forward.

http://www.globalpublicmedia.com/lectures/461

Tom-- Thanks for passing this along. The reasoning is so solid I've sent it
along to some friends on the Dark Side, so they may more readily see the
error
of their ways and repent. A lot of these fellows are engineering types. And
the lecture is a very accessible way to aid them in grokking the
population/resource problem.