permaculture - Re: [permaculture] passion fruit allelopathy

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lfl@intrex.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] passion fruit allelopathy
  • Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2007 03:43:04 -0500

Marimike6@cs.com wrote:

"...there needs to be at least one qualified entry, one with his feet, err head that is, on the ground "

I don't get it. I've got my shoulder to the wheel, my eye to the keyhole and my ear to the ground. And I'm not getting anywhere.

Furthermore, I'm feeling really clammed. I think I need some passion fruit.

Better than Willian S. Burroughs pushing that pea up that long hill with his
nose, to the ground, of course.
Ah, for a not necessarily saner but more peaceful era. Hard to clam up these
days, so much going on.

As for passion fruit they make juice from, where is that grown? And what are good ways to grow real watergress, the aquatic kind? Hydroponically, aquaponically, in a creek or pond? How clean does the water need to be and what rate of flow. I was thinking of setting up a watercress pool fed with water from my pond, purified with duckweed and cattails.
I would use one of those siphon pumps on a garden hose to make a flow loop from pond to pool and back to the pond, continuously.

In fact that might be a cool greenhouse or high tunnel project. Keep tanks inside filled with rainwater growing water hyacinth and duckweed then circulate it through a watercress pool then through vegetable beds on the ground and back to the tanks then back to the cress. I wonder if anyoe has tried this.

--
Lawrence F. London, Jr.
Venaura Farm