permaculture - [permaculture] i listen to the chickens too!

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: camille cimino <camcim@yahoo.com>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [permaculture] i listen to the chickens too!
  • Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2007 16:27:32 -0800 (PST)

i really liked the comments.........

i feel somewhat misunderstood

i talk and hear chickens too!

i am in constant communication with the world around
me. it IS my reality, not my spirituality.

if we look at patterns OF COURSE animals and plants
communicate to us and each other. why would we think
other wise. they are living creatures. look at how
sophisticated single cell organisms communicate with
each other.

this still is not spirituality for me, it just IS.

depending on how sensitive you are, the deeper you can
probably go.

take that one down the rabbit hole!

talking to chickens isn't permaculture unless
talking chickens are a problem? or maybe a solution,
part of a system? which one, hmmm.........

i don't want to ignore spirituality, ritual, culture
etc. i agree it IS part of us, but once again not
necessarily part of the permaculture design framework.

maybe it is permaculture..........
as it IS part of us and inevitable as the human
experience to integrate knowledge, experience, etc.
we should be living our spirtuality, right?

AND as permaculturists it's natural that we should be
sensitive to the world around us?

observation, observation, observation!

also,
i was not judging new agers or hippies. all i said
was "these are my clients".

they are the the ones paying my bills and supporting
my permaculture work. i love these people. i don't
judge them, but personal spirituality is not a
conversation i want to have with anyone except the
people i choose to connect with on that level.

spirituality is very personal to me.

besides it's MOST LIKELY we believe differently.

maybe it's just here in los angeles where diversity is
INTENSE. i find bringing spirituality into situations
it usually only creates differences and separation.

imagine a group with christians, pagans, jews,
buddhists, atheists, agnostics all learning
permaculture together. how do you bring that group
together?

i know, i know.............PERMACULTURE!

i try to focus on basic commonalities of being human.
like feelings and experiences first. maybe later we
can explore that when we get to that level of
succession.

FIRST we need to get to know each other and learn
permaculture.

MAYBE after we prune 100 fruit trees together?

YES spirituality needs to be understood, both to
relate to people but also as part of PC design, but i
don't want to know the specifics unless i HAVE to or
NEED to.

i just like to keep permaculture about permaculture.

let's talk about the other stuff in appropriate
forums.

i hope this makes sense?

i had to get it out..........

ciao,
camille cimino

The Nature Of Things
Fine Gardening
(213) 924-5238

PS if you are interested in retroactive tax chakra
therapy email off list. I HAVE THE SOURCE!

or should i bring it up at the next permaculture
meeting?

The fish are biting.

  • [permaculture] i listen to the chickens too!, camille cimino, 01/30/2007