permaculture - Re: [permaculture] 1983 Bill Mollison PDC DVD of MP3's

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Myron Mykyta <myronmykyta@yahoo.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] 1983 Bill Mollison PDC DVD of MP3's
  • Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 14:15:16 -0800 (PST)

Typically, DVD-ROM's act as data holders only. If you put the DVD in a
computer's DVD rom, you'll be able to play the mp3's (assuming no copy
protection) with any mp3 player, including iTunes. If listening on your
computer isn't convenient, read on...

Many DVD players will play CD's of mp3 files, but not usually (there's
always an exception) DVD's of mp3 files. Copy to an iPod or other media
player or burn to CD audio or CD rom

-Myron

Richard Archer <permaculture@juggernaut.com.au> wrote:
At 2:25 PM -0600 18/1/07, Forest Garden wrote:

>Thank you Richard for the follow up. Unfortuantely, I am still a bit
>confused and I hope you can help this farming mortal who spends less and
>less time with technology. How do you get to listen to this audio?

I'm expecting to copy the data from the DVD onto computer and
from there to a iPod. It might play in a standard DVD player
but I'm not sure. I can let out know when my DVD arrives.

>How much is the DVD?
>Where can it be purchased.?

Darren has posted the link to the site a couple of times:
http://www.permacultureplants.net/Audio/audio.htm

...R.