permaculture - [permaculture] Question to group about Pain's methods

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: John Fritz <johnfritz77@yahoo.com>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [permaculture] Question to group about Pain's methods
  • Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2007 10:20:17 -0800 (PST)

One of the basic questions I have about Pain's methods is probably generic in
relation to methane production but still relevant to understanding what he
did. It concerns his use of inner tubes to store the methane. Not being
particulararly inclined to mechanics, I do not visualize how he would have
connected a methane digester tank (from inside the compost pile) to the inner
tubes. Not that the position of the tank inside the pile matters. I would
just like to know the name of the materials used: the type of supply line
exiting the tank, the type of connector between the tank and the supply line;
and the type of connector between the supply line and the inner tubes and
between the inner tubes including the supply line between the inner tubes.
Any mechanically inclined members of the group who could fill me in?

John Fritz, NW Arkansas.

Never miss an email again!