permaculture - [permaculture] Methane, was Final Draft of Mother Earth News Petition

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: John Fritz <johnfritz77@yahoo.com>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [permaculture] Methane, was Final Draft of Mother Earth News Petition
  • Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2007 09:37:20 -0800 (PST)

Perhaps you are right and I missed the part where an animal waste methane
digester was placed inside the compost pile. What I have taken away from
readings of accounts of Pain's work is that he was producing methane without
the use of animal waste; that the methane was derived entirely from the
"forest thicket compost" itself. If anyone can refute that methane is
absolutely not obtainable from wood products as the base source of the
methane, (and not merely for the heating of animal wastes) this would put the
issue to rest. I must say that I would be disappointed if this were the
case, but it would advance the discussion about retrieving accounts of Pain's
accomplishments for the English speaking community.

John Fritz, NW Arkansas.

Message: 3