permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Tending the Wild, Wood Ash

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Marshall Chrostowski <mcfarm@silcom.com>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Tending the Wild, Wood Ash
  • Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2006 09:12:49 -0800

I share Allan's opinion and experience with flame weeders. These tools are designed to control newly emerging weeds, particularly annuals, and not established ones. I've used them off and on for more than two decades in my landscaping business as well as in my organic farming. When I worked as an certification inspector of organic farming operations, flamers were coming into use as an alternative to tillage as farmers sought to ally "organic" with conventional low-tillage agronomic systems.

Marshall Chrostowski
Santa Barbara, CA