permaculture - [permaculture] Need contacts for bioremediation

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: green apple collective <greenapplecollective@yahoo.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Need contacts for bioremediation
  • Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2006 20:43:42 -0800 (PST)

Hey friends,

We are working with a couple of community groups in New Orleans that is
interested in restarting the urban horticulture traditions in the city. New
Orleans had a thriving Creole and Italian urban food program that was
devasted by Katrina and Rita. The floods of course damaged the gardens but
toxics from the water has spooked the urban gardeners. At present the two
city only Green Markets have closed and most of the gardening done in the
city is flowers not food (for obvious reasons). We are looking for some
experts in bioremediation to come to the city for a permaculture week in
early fall 2007. If you are interested or contacts please write me.

Sincerely,
Elliott