permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Another poll

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Kathleen Evans" <evansdk@earthlink.net>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Another poll
  • Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2006 19:33:37 -0500

Keith, I have a small yard, between a third and half an acre in suburban
St. Louis, and about 1200 feet in garden. Some of that is flowers, and if
you included other flower beds the number would be bigger. Also have
chickens. Clay soil, lots of shade. I have a little pond, a few feet in
diameter, and am looking into growing something edible in it, like
watercress. I very much want to learn more about growing more food in the
shade, four season growing, and so forth. Haven't pursued it because of
this single parent breadwinner gig I'm running just now. By the way, I
agree permaculture is politics. Permaculture is also intensely spiritual.
Permaculture is also nuts and bolts. Permaculture is also philosophy. It is
all of great interest to me. Don't know much about rock dust. Sounds like I
could use some. Be well, cheerio, Kathy Evans

Kathy Evans
evansdk@earthlink.net

openpermaculture <permaculture@openpermaculture.org>; BPG
<bloomingtonpermacultureguild@lists.riseup.net>