permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Growing Hops

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Clint Popetz" <clint@cpopetz.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Growing Hops
  • Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2006 11:54:44 -0500

We grow it for use as a medicinal, and other than the obvious (needs
trellising of some sort, does better when mulched and watered well),
I'd suggest absolute full sun. My experiences with the plant in
partial shade have been abysmal. Also, prune it out a little to give
it air circulation, as that helps with disease.

-Clint