permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Farm design online

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Rich Blaha <rich@mossbackfarm.com>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Farm design online
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2006 10:23:45 -0700

Niels- "Really the ideal situation as I see it is that /all/ permaculture designs are published online."

Testify, brother. That would be perfect, and get lots of new ideas in circulation. I really like your thoughts for a central database...best of luck with the PAB project. I think the current bottleneck is the distributed nature of permaculture....since there's not an effective central clearinghouse of 'official' pc information, it'd have to be a voluntary effort on the part of instructors to require the documents to be public....perhaps posted at PAB??? _______________________
Harry- "On ownership, something along the lines of the Creative Commons of Copyleft might be pursued."

Absolutely. In the zip file is info on the creative commons license that I released the design under. Details are at http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/1.0/

This is a great system to cover the intellectual property rights of creative works, while at the same time recognizing the reality of digital media and its ease of distribution.
Rich
www.mossbackfarm.com/journal

Today's Topics:

3. Suggestion for Design Sources/Soluition Re: Farm design
online (Niels Corfield)
4. Re: Suggestion for Design Sources/Soluition Re: Farm design
online (Harry Wykman)

Message: 3