permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Is it really organic???

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lfl@intrex.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Is it really organic???
  • Date: Mon, 22 May 2006 12:08:17 -0400

Farmer Greg wrote:
All,

I was just asked the following question and although I have wondered this myself I don't have an answer for her. Any ideas?

Lately, I have been seeing produce labeled "organic" from Mexico and Chile (predominantly). Realizing that the U.S. government is very lax in policing produce in the states and imported, unlike meats, do you know if there are any guarantees the produce from other countries is, in fact, organic?

Here's a reply from the sanet list: