permaculture - Re: [permaculture] slug solutions?

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lfl@intrex.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] slug solutions?
  • Date: Mon, 08 May 2006 23:31:54 -0400

Janet Wyllie wrote:

Slugs absolutely LOVE organic matter, they call it home. They also glide over sawdust and wood ash. I have never found any dead ones in beer. The snails hang like bunches of grapes in the trees that are mulched. And foxes adore duck more than any other poultry. And for 25 years I have religiously stomped on them in misty, rainy wet conditions at night time. Some areas are just more prone to attack than others I reckon
must be the ley lines
Janet

Do you have the same slugs there as we do here (N.C.)? I have never had any
predation problems
from them that I am aware of. They range in size from 1 1/2" to 3" and are
mostly grey stiped.

Temperatures here range from 0 F. to 105 F. We do not have excessive rainfall
and often have
2 to 6 weeks of drought.

LL