permaculture - Re: [permaculture] 3 1/2 acres of raised bed market gardens

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lfl@intrex.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] 3 1/2 acres of raised bed market gardens
  • Date: Mon, 08 May 2006 12:46:39 -0400

Jerome Rigot wrote:

Do you have pictures of your place?

Hello Jerome:

When I have a break from planting I will take a lot of pix of the gardens in all locations (7 of them) on my property showing details of the raised beds. I will also photograph the three nutrient and water catchment areas that surround the bottoms of the slopes at the ends of all the gardens. Two of these catchments have a large number of drilled 3X4' holes where water stands while replentishing the aquifer. These areas provide water and habitat for wildlife and rich turf supporting an interesting range of wild plants.

LL