permaculture - Re: [permaculture] sheet mulch beds for CSA production?

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Claude William Genest <genest@pivot.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] sheet mulch beds for CSA production?
  • Date: Tue, 04 Apr 2006 23:58:50 -0400

please feel free to advise if so...

Sounds great !

we may not use paper or cardboard in these areas at all as we will
have a good mulch layer and i don't think anything can get up thru.

Ha !

we have a rototiller, but i am only planning on tilling the paths,
and then throwing some of that soil up on the beds and sowing clover
in the lowered paths. they become the 'swales'

Careful with the tilling ! Maybe use the cardboard for the paths ?

(we are making compost as fast as we can and have four piles going,
don't have any greens tho and it is slow cooking)

We've been discussing BD preps....this would be an ideal situation to make use of them.... Also Piss and Love to replace greens...I'd also reccomend laying down a bunch of azomite or other rock dust..... ( way more than mere handfuls)

Claude