permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Soil & CO2

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Claude William Genest <genest@pivot.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Soil & CO2
  • Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2006 15:10:57 -0500

Wow great input - so concise too ! Yes it came from Abe who's doing a whole Yeomans style makeover of his farm. I think the idea of soil creation and carbon sequestration might come from Yeomans ?

Re: methane - I understand that what makes cows so flatulent is the grains and that this is reduced by pasturing ? also, there are the biodigesters for recuperation of methane = electricity....

I wish we had a drawing of what you are describing....

Best Regards,

Claude William Genest

- Founder Green Mountain Permaculture Institute of Vermont
Solutions, Sustenance, Sustainability
www.greenmountainpermaculture.com

- Creator "Regeneration - The Art of Sustainable Living"
From "Something-Must-be-Done" to Something we can do !
www.regenerationshow.com

- Ecological Coordinator
Club St.Paul Ecological Golf Course

- Vice-President Green Party of Quebec "pour nous et nos enfants"
www.pvq.qc.ca

- National Spokesperson Green Party of Canada
"The Future is Now ! "
www.greenparty.ca