permaculture - Re: [permaculture] ISP's and Censorship

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lfl@intrex.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] ISP's and Censorship
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2006 23:13:57 -0500

Keith Johnson wrote:

Earthlink / Mindspring internet service providers have been censoring the outgoing email of their members. Since we learned this we decided to find another ISP. Any recommendations?

Do you mean thay they are reading and then posssibly deleting some of their
user's email?
Or are they pre-filtering/monitoring email, for their own/other client's purposes, ahead of the NSA which probably does that with everyone's email. Did you find that some of your email went missing and did not arrive at its destination?
I have never, ever heard of an ISP doing anything like this.

LL