permaculture - [permaculture] Organic Food, etc.

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Leon Hudson <sfg2006@yahoo.com>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [permaculture] Organic Food, etc.
  • Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 07:00:08 -0700 (PDT)

Learning who my local growers/producers are and buying
from them seems to be the best way to support organic
growing. This also supports local business and makes
us less dependent on the transportation
infrastructure(trucks, trains, planes...) in case of
strikes.

"We need to put our money where our mouth is" and
"money talks". I've noticed that a number of grocery
stores in my area are starting to carry lines of
organic products. Not a lot, just enough to test the
market. If the market is strong enough they will
carry more. Direct relation to money spent in their
store.

Personally, I am now supporting my local grower's
markets as the produce is superior and prices are
reasonable.

Leon

Leon Hudson Zone 6 New Mexico