permaculture - RE: [permaculture] Eco X-mas

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Scott Hitchins" <ScottH@wcig.org.au>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [permaculture] Eco X-mas
  • Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2004 08:39:53 +1100

How about encouraging people to avoid killing a tree or having a stick
bedecked with sparkling plastic to celebrate Christmas: Instead, select
a potted tree environmentally suited to their area and then plant it
outside after Christmas: a gift that keeps on giving and, after several
Christmases, you have a mini forest: Our Christmas Citrus from a couple
of years ago (We're in the Southern hemisphere) has decked itself with
lovely yellow baubles and the bees are twinkling amongst the fragrant
blossoms: 'Tis a reason to be jolly.
-Scott H