permaculture - [permaculture] DCC/ was self-sufficiency

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Tradingpost" <tradingpost@gilanet.com>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [permaculture] DCC/ was self-sufficiency
  • Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2004 16:14:27 -0600

Agree 100%. And the dream of making NYC sustainable - the heart of the DCC
(dominant commercial culture) - is idle fantasy. I'm not telling people in
NYC to get out of there; in fact I'm counting on them staying there and
leaving more room out here for the rest of us. We don't have to discourage
anyone; simply trying to figure out how to do it will be discouraging enough,
as we see from the plea for ideas. If permaculture is turned into a backyard
hobby I'm outta here. But I believe PC is one good idea that isn't likely to
get co-opted by the DCC because without real permaculture real quick on a
massive scale there isn't going to be any commercial culture left. The oil
wars have already begun.

paul@largocreekfarms.com
http://medicinehill.net