permaculture - [permaculture] publishing West Coast Food Forestry

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Rain Tenaqiya <raincascadia@yahoo.com>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [permaculture] publishing West Coast Food Forestry
  • Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 14:26:50 -0700 (PDT)

Hello all,

I've been working on a book called West Coast Food Forestry which discusses
issues specific to food forestry on the West Coast, goes on a visual tour of
existing food forests in the region, provides complete photos and growing
details of appropriate food forest plants, and includes a brief introduction
to permaculture. By the 'West Coast' I mean west of the Cascades and Sierras.

I was expecting the book to be published by Chelsea Green, but they are
hesistant to publish a book with such a regional scope. Would anybody be
interested in helping me to get this book published? It is nearly completed,
but I don't want to spend my entire life savings on printing it. Chelsea
Green is still interested in being a distributor, if I can get it printed.

Thanks,

Rain Tenaqiya