permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Impending massive seal hunt in Canada

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lfl@intrex.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Impending massive seal hunt in Canada
  • Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2004 17:08:31 -0700

Bob <Jocelyn Paquette> wrote:

nice, but ineffective as a protest or political comment. cute though. Might
make a good picket sign or tshirt, though. Somethings are just commercial.

I thought it was a pretty good statement.

So do we know who benefits from the commercial hunt? Are they (the

Claude just informed us that it was jobs and sales of sealskins.

benefactors) the target? What plans do those who seek to end someone's job
have to replace it? Any transitional strategies in mind or is it easier
being nasty or cute?

That's like suggesting that here in my area we embark on a massive hunt-trap
program to glean deer/rabbit/fox/racoon skins from the countryside for the
fashion and footwear industry.
Deerskin SUV seatcovers ..... how tony.

PHOQUE the canucks who would participate in the upcoming seal hunt. Maybe
they will have a change of heart.

My personal physician is a Canadian and a very fine doctor. She would
probably laugh if someone called her a canuck.

--
L.F.London
lfl@intrex.net