permaculture - [permaculture] masonary stoves

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Storm30" <storm30@telus.net>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] masonary stoves
  • Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2004 14:14:25 -0800

I haven't been following your plight, sounds like you have a nice nest going
on there now... so I don't know how much money you have to spend or how hard
it is to transport anything up. But if it hurts to watch lovely logs go up
in smoke I would suggest a masonary stove. Heavy (require own foundation)
can be a bit pricey..but they generally will burn a very small amount of
wood (1 cord per cold winter)- very hot - w hich is suppossed to leave
little to no soot or smoke. The hot burst of heat (few thousand degrees) is
slowly absorbed by the stone and then slowly released over a few days into
your space. Little wood and smoke, long lasting heat. Soapstone is good for
this. I can't recall the spelling of one manufacter - Tukiviki or something.
Good Luck Warm Wishes