permaculture - [permaculture] USDA Plant Hardiness Zone Map

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: mIEKAL aND <dtv@mwt.net>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [permaculture] USDA Plant Hardiness Zone Map
  • Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 14:58:09 -0800

From: "Scott D. Russell" <srussell@OU.EDU>
Date: Mon Nov 17, 2003 11:09:04 PM US/Pacific
To: BOTLINX@LISTS.OU.EDU
Subject: SBLD - USDA Plant Hardiness Zone Map

November 18, 2003
USDA Plant Hardiness Zone Map
http://www.usna.usda.gov/Hardzone/ushzmap.html

I was surprised to find that I had never featured the USDA Plant
Hardiness Zone Map after all of these years. The hardiness map refers
to temperature and moisture trends that limit plant distributions. The
map can be used to predict whether a particular plant will tolerate
conditions at various locations; it can also be used to predict
special measures that may be needed to protect them as well. This
hyperlinked version is provided by the National Arboretum of the US
and provides links to each state. (***1/2) -S