permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Lady bugs or lady bird beetles

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Rollens" <rollens@your-net.com>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Lady bugs or lady bird beetles
  • Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 12:03:00 -0400

Hi Michelle and Everyone,

Michelle, Gardener's Supply Co. has a ladybug house in their catalog ( www.gardeners.com ) .  It's a bit pricey, but you could probably make one.  There is also a pheromone attractant that might be useful.  I intend to try it one of these days instead of having the little bugs all over the house for months.

I am one of the lurkers on the list...having been on for over a year.  Thanks to all for the advice and book suggestions, some of which I have taken.  Next week I will be moving to the farm of my dreams, in the Ozarks of Missouri, USA.  It is not all rocks!  It has at least 30 acres of bottomland and sandy loam soil.  After 7 years of frustration in the Ohio mud, I can't wait!  I hope you all will be available with suggestions after I get settled in there.

Lisa, soon to be in MO!