permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Lady bugs or lady bird beetles

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Robert Waldrop" <rmwj@soonernet.com>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Lady bugs or lady bird beetles
  • Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 08:49:52 -0500

It seems to me one thing to store lady bugs such way to ship, but
another question entirely to consider holding them for several months.
it seems better to me to work on increasing the biological activity so
they reproduce naturally and inhabit your property naturally, rather
than trying to scoop them up, keep them on ice for a few months, and
then release them. if you do scoop them up, you might in fact be
breaking a natural cycle, or somehow inhibiting them from naturalizing
on your property.

Robert Waldrop, okc