permaculture - [permaculture] Eritrea-dryland farming...

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Marsha Hanzi <mhanzi@yahoo.com>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [permaculture] Eritrea-dryland farming...
  • Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 13:46:54 -0700 (PDT)

I am implanting a dryland agroforestry system in a tropical region which receives 500mm rainfall, and would be happy to dialogue with ""Fidelis in Eritrea"". did not find his post on the other forum. Would have to know a LOT more about the situation, but it is perfectly possible to do good farming with 600 mm of rain, while recuperating the soil...
He could look at my article "Dryland Polycultures in Tropical Brazil"at www.bothends.org in their Sustainability Encyclopedia, as an idea of the type of model we are presently working with...

Marsha Hanzi
Instituto de Permacultura da Bahia
Brazil
www.permacultura-org.br

Hello People,

Following is a letter posted on the Permaculture Research Institute
(PRI) Forum from a “Fidelis” which I have posted to solicit where
possible a response. If you have a contribution then please reply either
here or thru the PRI forum direct
(http://forums.permaculture.org.au/cgi-bin/ikonboard.cgi)

“……Hi everyone!
I am currently working in Eritrea, an arid country along the southern
Red Sea coast with only 600mm annual rainfall

Do you Yahoo!?

  • [permaculture] Eritrea-dryland farming..., Marsha Hanzi, 10/21/2003