permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Curly dock - rumex crispus, uses of

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Jerome Osentowski" <jerome@crmpi.org>
  • To: john@eco-living.net, permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Curly dock - rumex crispus, uses of
  • Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2003 16:53:29 -0600

John, No they are quit different plants and used for different purposes.
The Burdock you mention is also grown as a vegie , called gobo and sold in
aisian market or to macrobiotic folks. Curly dock has a nice dry seed stock
used in flower arrangement. I think it is in the same family as buckwheat.
Jerome
--
Jerome Osentowski, Director
Central Rocky Mountain Permaculture Institute

Tel/fax (970) 927-4158 E mail: jerome@crmpi.org

For more information, please visit our web site at <<www.crmpi.org>>