permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Curly dock - rumex crispus, uses of

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "John Schinnerer" <john@eco-living.net>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Curly dock - rumex crispus, uses of
  • Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2003 14:59:17 -0700 (PDT)

Aloha,

Burdock root (infusion, tincture, etc.) is a common temperate climate
spring/liver tonic - goes good with dandelion. 'Burdock' and 'curly dock' are
different families, completely different latin names, according to PFAF.

I'm not clear if we're all talking about the same 'dock' (seems to be a
million common names with 'dock' in them for rather different plants) - is
curly dock root a similar herbal to burdock despite the latin differences?

thanks,
John S.

- Eco-Living -
Cultural & Ecological Designing