permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Re: Who's Qualified to Teach Pc?

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "John Schinnerer" <john@eco-living.net>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Re: Who's Qualified to Teach Pc?
  • Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2003 17:04:08 -0700 (PDT)

Aloha,

> In part, the reticence among some in the permaculture community can be
> attributed to Bill Mollison's disdain of such activity expressed
> earlier in the history of the movement. More than one prominent
> permaculturist has described the discussion of controversial and
> challenging subjects as focusing on the 'negative'. Thus, solving
> problems is placed at a disadvantage.

Yeah, especially when the 'prominent' are uncomfortable with controversy
and/or want 'control' of whatever it is they're prominent in.

It's a not uncommon pattern in human beings.

I certainly haven't noticed too much aversion to controversy on this list,
which IMO is a good thing.

John Schinnerer, MA
- Eco-Living -
Cultural & Ecological Designing