permaculture - Re: [permaculture] The scent of GE Papaya

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "John Schinnerer" <john@eco-living.net>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] The scent of GE Papaya
  • Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2003 17:00:31 -0700 (PDT)

Aloha,

For those interested in following/supporting Hawai'i anti-GE/GMO
activities (in which papaya figures prominently at the moment), there's a
list for GE Free Hawai'i activities at gefreehi@yahoogroups.com. If you
can't just join via whatever the Yahoo! interface is let me know and I can
pass your e-mail on to someone who can add you.

This article and other info related to Hawai'i growers active in these
issues in Thailand have appeared on that list recently.

mIEKAL aND said:
> The scent of GE Papaya
> Thu 03 July 2003
> THAILAND/Bangkok
>
> Papaya is the latest target of the genetic engineering (GE) industry.
> The Thai government is seeking to introduce the crop to Thailand
> despite the fact that GE papaya has already been a failure in Hawaii,
> the only place in the world where GE papaya is grown commercially.

John Schinnerer, MA
- Eco-Living -
Cultural & Ecological Designing
People - Place - Learning - Integration