permaculture - [permaculture] [Fwd: appraisal including permaculture]

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Keith Johnson <keithdj@mindspring.com>
  • To: Permaculture ibiblio <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>, pclistservenv <permaculture@envirolink.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: [permaculture] [Fwd: appraisal including permaculture]
  • Date: Sun, 06 Jul 2003 23:17:54 -0400

please reply to "Anne CUSP" <annecusp@tampabay.rr.com> if you can answer her questions.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: appraisal including permaculture
Date: Fri, 4 Jul 2003 06:17:18 -0400
From: "Anne CUSP" <annecusp@tampabay.rr.com>
To: <info@permacultureactivist.net>

I have been working on my yard in St. Petersburg, FLorida for a over 7 years. First xeriscaping and most recently in the past year moving toward permaculture. I am in the beginning, but have some aspects well established.

Now I will be moving and want to sell my home. Do you know where I can get information to give to an appraiser that would help him/her to understand the value of a site with permaculture initiated on it?

We currently have blackberries well established. No pesticides for 2 years. A burm outfront to keep water from running off into the street. A group of well established citrus trees- one each of grapefruit, orange, lemon, tangerine and key lime. A macadamia nut tree and an allspice tree that are fairly new. The entire remainder of the yard is xeriscaped and mulched.
Since we began 8 years ago we have gone from sod and few animals to lots of lush growing plants and a multitude of insects, butterflies, occassional humming birds, the other day a hawk (in the middle of a city), occassional snake, lots of earthworms, lots of birds with some nests in the trees, frogs, etc.
So you can see our work and the current condition of the land from it has real value. But how to communicate that "offically" to an appraiser? Any resources you can recommend that address this particular issue directly?

Thank you for your time.

  • [permaculture] [Fwd: appraisal including permaculture], Keith Johnson, 07/06/2003