permaculture - FW: [permaculture] Who's Qualified to Teach Pc?

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Darren J. Doherty" <darren@permaculture.biz>
  • To: <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: FW: [permaculture] Who's Qualified to Teach Pc?
  • Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2003 09:35:01 +1000

Title: The Center of Natural Design

Hello All,

In Australia (at least) one need’s to be registered as a teacher with the Permaculture Institute (director’s Lisa Mollison & Janet Millington – Bill Mollison’s no longer a director as he is older than 72 – it is illegal to be a director in Oz over that age). To become registered you need to submit your course curriculum (using the PC Designer’s Manual as the core text) for assessment with a $250 fee. Then you can have your students receive PC Institute certificates. Therefore if students wish to gain the PC Institute Diploma then they need to get the Institute certificate first.

There seems to be some polarity with those who are registered and those who aren’t for reasons outside of this particular string. As you said the basic rule of success continues: …..” bad teachers will weed themselves out”…..

As for the US and elsewhere don’t you have your own institute’s over there – I mean at the end of the day anyone can become an institute and issue certificates etc. – it’s the recognition of those institution’s award’s that creates their credibility……

Cheers,

Yours and Growing,

Darren J. Doherty

Applied Diploma of Permaculture Design, (Education, Site Design, System Establishment & Implementation) Permaculture Institute (1995)

Permaculture Design Certificate, Permaculture Institute (1993, 1995, 2001)

Whole Farm Planning Certificate (Train the Trainer), University of Melbourne (1995)

permaculture designer @ permaculture.biz

a. 103 Casey St, East Bendigo, Victoria, Australia, 3550

p. 613 5444 1068

f. 613 5444 0621

e. darren@permaculture.biz

w. www.permaculture.biz