permaculture - [permaculture] Re: Bioshelter and hottub idea

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Joshua Dolan <rainbowwarrior14874@yahoo.com>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [permaculture] Re: Bioshelter and hottub idea
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2003 15:21:09 -0700 (PDT)

Hi
I am working on a design for a bioshelter here in
Upstate new york. I want to add a glass shelter, a
stone patio, and a hottub/brick oven. The oven would
heat the water and act as a conventional brick oven as
well, while it could also heat the water for a hotub
and heat the house as well. I want to use rainwater
to fill the tub, and I would like to drain the tub
into a pond whenever it needs to be changed.

The only problem that I can see is that parasitic
bacteria would reproduce in the hot water. I am
wondering if anyone has any experience with natural
hottubs and/or bioshelters? Are there are any
chemical treatments that won't harm the aquatic
ecosystem of the pond? Could I boil the water in the
hot tub to steralize it? Is there an efficient oven
design that will get a large tub to boil? I also want
to capture the steam and use it to run a steam
turbine. Can anyone relay any experience in that
area?

In addition I would like to use the bioshelter to
simulate a tropical environment. Would it be possible
to use windows in the roof to vent the whole thing out
in the summer So that your not sweltering. I think
that vines would keep it shaded enough and a breezeway
would help as well. i would like to hear your
thoughts.

Josh