permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Stinging nettle info

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Conrad Juraschka <conjur@telus.net>
  • To: <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Stinging nettle info
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2003 10:42:40 -0700

On 6/16/03 10:05 AM, "John Schinnerer" <john@eco-living.net> wrote:

> My girlfriend Ayars seems to have an affinity of some kind with nettles.
> She says she rather likes the feel of the 'sting', which apparently isn't
> a sting to her like it is to me. She'll wade right into a patch
> bare-handed... :-o

LOL..thats funny...i do the same thing..i kinda like the feeling of walking
through a nettle patch with shorts on..the lightly burning sensation in some
strang way seems therapeutic...and as far as a slight sting in the mouth
from nettles that haven't been cooked too long, I kinda like that too..it is
quite an interesting sensation...

Maybe I am just a masochist...but then again maybe it is just the perma-
(culture) people that I learn with and am influenced by. Earth people open
to experience and learning.

Conrad