permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Stinging nettle info

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Claude William Genest <genest@together.net>
  • To: "john@eco-living.net, permaculture" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Stinging nettle info
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2003 16:04:47 -0400

I think the book "Grasp the nettle" explains how if you look at and
consciouly "see" the plant before touching it, you have effectively told
your body not to elicit the histaminic reaction and so inhibit the
stinging.. I have tried this repeatedly and I'd say it reduces 90% of the
sting... Try it !

Claude