permaculture - Re: [permaculture] [Fwd: Re: waiting for Herb (not Bob)]

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "elijah smith" <elijahs@earthlink.net>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] [Fwd: Re: waiting for Herb (not Bob)]
  • Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2003 18:58:10 -1000

> Jeffrey Newman wrote:
> >
> > Thanks for the warning. I guess I'll watch it closely - pulling out
> > what I don't want before it goes to seed.
> >
> > Not being a Spanish-speaker, I used Alta Vista to translate your
> > closing phrase. This is what they came up with: "That teng taken
> > care of"
> >
> > so?? what is a teng?
>
> "Que teng cuidado wid dat stuff!"
>
> What harm is there having that stuff around.

I translated it more along the lines of "Be careful wid dat stuff". But
I'll admit, that's partially contextual. "teng" ain't spanish - I think
it's supposed to be "tengo" meaning "I have".... "que" is "that" or "what"
in a question... and "cuidado" means something like care, careful, be
careful, caution, etc. "que tengo cuidado" doesn't translate gracefully, at
least not to me, but it looks like "I have caution" or "I am cautious of
that" or something.

Maybe we should just ask Rick.