permaculture - [permaculture] Re: Web site of the month

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Charles Knoles <charles@growfood.org>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [permaculture] Re: Web site of the month
  • Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 11:50:41 -0500

It is a cool website with lots of cool info on renewable energy and self reliant food production but it definitely has a "bunker in the woods" feel to it. I'm not surprised that a computer program looking out for weapons info would stop this site from coming through.

This leads me to a question about this list. I'm your classic peace activist, multiculturalist, anti-gun, college student who is interested in permaculture as a way of respecting mother earth but I have heard the idea expressed that a lot of permies are more into the survivalist, pro-gun, the governments out to get us type of thing. What are people's thoughts on the culture part of permaculture? Who do we really speak for and to?

I'm not asking this in order to put down any one else's way of life but I'm curious as to how people got into the world of permaculture if they didn't come to it the same way I did.

Charlie Knoles

Wow. Your site must be a real threat to something... The school district I
work for has blocked it:

"http://www.backwoodshome.com/ has been categorized as Weapons. It has
been blocked per your organization's Internet Usage Policy ."

Considering we had a student come to school with 18 home made bombs and a
few guns one morning, I guess the admin is kinda touchy.

Darn, my backwoods home has no internet access and my workplace is
censored.