permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Help Chiken pen design

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lfl@intrex.net>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Help Chiken pen design
  • Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2003 17:09:45 -0800

antonio.scotti wrote:
Hi,
I need to design and implement a chicken pen for a permaculture design I am taking care of. Of course I have never dealt with chickens and even less with chicken pens, so I would basically avoid reinventing the wheel.
Does anyone know/have suggestions for a chicken pen design for temperate/worm climate, or any shared design already existing out there?
It would be nice to see a design of a pen with attached greenhouse.
Cheers
Antonio

Start with a concrete slab with a good drain in the middle. Lay one course of
concrete block, with opening for door. Build wooden building on the block
wall.
Attach greenhouse to building on its south side.

What part of Spain do you live in?

LL
onetime Flamenco (older traditional styles) afficianado
--
L.F.London
lfl@intrex.net