permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Loose ends, second thoughts

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Mark <mpludwig@facstaff.wisc.edu>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Loose ends, second thoughts
  • Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2002 07:48:10 -0600

At 12:05 AM 12/12/02 -0800, you wrote:
Don't know if it would be quicker though -
someone/something would be needed to hold the various pieces together for
welding so by the time that's covered it might take as long or longer as
tying by hand...?

John Schinnerer, MA

I would guess it would be faster esp if you had an auto darkening helmet. Strength could be better if the welder is carful, but poor if not. One learns a few tricks for speeding these things up, I'll try and post my pics on tomato cage welding, there you can see the little chain with hooks I use to secure the wire together, very quick.
MPL

Mark P. Ludwig
Poultry Research Lab
University of Wisconsin -Madison